A Strongboy is a specialised piece of equipment used in construction and renovation projects, particularly in the context of masonry or brickwork.
Its primary purpose is to provide temporary support to structures, such as walls or ceilings, when a structural element needs to be removed or altered.
It is typically used for the temporary support of walls
Please Note: If you are unsure of proper operation or positioning please consult a structural engineer.
• Maximum load bearing capacity of unit 340 Kgs per unit ( 750lb)
• Maximum safe working height 3 metres from firm base. ( Props should be tied together with scaffolding poles if used at a greater height)
• On sound brick or blockwork maximum distance betweens props 3ft or 900mm (On unsound structures or weak/old mortar it recommended that this distance be reduced )
• The Strongboy can be use on single or double skin walls.
• For ease of operation is is recommended that the mortar be scraped out, or a brick removed prior to insertion of the Strongboy.